5/16

Woke up today with an hour and a half before my woodshop block. I headed to a new spot on the Blackwater River about 400 yards up stream of where I fished early last week. The river dumped into a small widened section that looks alot like a small pond. Greg told me that he has caught fish here before. I figured that with an hour to fish it would be a good place to try. In 15 minutes I had landed 3 fall fish. Not a bad start. I went up stream 30 yards or so to a decent sized pool. I stayed with the same wooly bugger that already caught me the three fish. Casting across the current pulled my line through the current, I know this as swinging a streamer but could be called dragging or something similar, to the fish waiting down stream. In another 20 minutes I had caught fish on every other or every third cast. Incredible action, the fall fish fight extremely hard. The only trouble was the bugs. The black flies swarmed my head to the point it was almost suffocating. You know the bugs are terrible when they push me away from hungry fish. My plan for after working on my table was too invest in some new bug spray before heading out to fish again.

Hours spent on Project today: 3.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/15

Day 2

Weekly reflection 5/6