5/15

I pulled into Rulon at 9:00 sharp to pick up AJ. We loaded his his gear in the truck and headed to Profile Falls on the Smith River in Bristol NH. He and Finn had fished this spot last week and said they saw a ton of fish. We parked at the parking lot just below the falls and before we could step out of the truck Finn whipped the minivan into the adjacent parking spot. Finn had trouble waking up so we told him to meet us there. The falls were much bigger than I was expecting. The water crashed from 40 feet above the pool, we got fishing right away. I started with a wooly bugger that I tied the day before. I was hoping that it would sink into the depths of the deep pool hopefully to fish that were held up along the bottom. AJ struck first, landing his first fish of senior project. I missed a fish while I was spacing off looking at little song birds. I decided to work down stream, trying to find smaller pools. With no luck I went back to AJ and Finn. That's when I saw it. From the depths of who knows where, comes this monster fish. It was almost 2 and a half feet long. I couldn't tell what kind of fish it was, he only showed enough of himself to be a tease. At first AJ and Finn didn't believe me, until he came out again and AJ caught a glimpse of him. We will be going back to catch that river monster.

Hours spent on Project today: 4.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Weekly reflection 5/6