5/21

Last Monday of Senior Project. It has gone by so quick. I made my way to Warner NH to fish a small stream that we use to fish during a fishing derby every spring. The derby was last weekend but I hoped that there would still be some fish hiding in there. But to my disappointment signs line the roadway, " reserved for kids 16 and under. Please corporate". Not exactly the start to my morning that I had hoped for. I called an audible and went to Stevens Brook, one that I fished last week with no success. I picked through my fly box looking for something different, a fly that might bring some new luck. I picked a size 14 green emerger with a white poly yarn wing. In English that's a little green thing that floats just below the surface. On my second cast I hook into a nice 10 inch brook trout. After an hour or so I headed to New London Hospital to say hi to my dad, and talked to his coworker that talked me into taking him turkey hunting on Thursday. Not like it took much convincing. Later I ended the day fishing with Teddy in the Blackwater River, in the same spot where on Sunday I caught my first two native brookies.

Hours spent on project today: 2.5 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/15

Day 2

Weekly reflection 5/6